Welcome to Speech Improvement Group, providing Maryland, Virginia, and Washington, D.C., with accent reduction training and other services to enhance oral communication.
We are specialists! In additional to accent modification services, we also work with individuals with fluency disorders. We focus on what we do best. We can provide:
- foreign accent modification
- regional accent modification
- stuttering therapy
- cluttering therapy
Whatever your speech concern, our services can help make you a more effective and more confident speaker.
Each of our trainers/therapists is a speech-language pathologist (SLP) certified by ASHA, the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association. ASHA is the the nation’s premier professional organization for speech, language, and hearing scientists. ASHA-certified SLPs are trained to work with a broad range of disorders in speech, language, fluency, and swallowing. Our SLPs have also received specialized training in fluency disorders (including stuttering and cluttering) and in accent modification.
At present, we are providing services via teleconferencing due to COVID-19. (When the quarantine lifts, we will again provide services in our offices in Chevy Chase, Maryland, or onsite at your place of business.)
Improve your communication effectiveness! We can provide accent reduction for any foreign or regional accent. We can help you …
- learn an American accent in order to be understood
- improve your American accent in order to sound more native
- transform your regional accent into a more standard American accent
Our accent modification training is …
- designed for business professionals, instructors, and students
- individually desiged and tailored to each individual